I’m a big fan of watching movies just because an actor you love has maybe five minutes of screen time in it. I mean, sometimes you luck out, and you’re obsessed with a guy like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who has large roles in plenty of things. And sometimes your current obsession is a guy who spends most of his time on Broadway, so you’re left scrounging through episodes of Law and Order for those brief and shining moments.
Elodie: I really hope he doesn’t turn out to be a sexual predator. I didn’t check the plot summary.
Elodie: I guess I can’t know until I watch it.
Elodie: Until then I’m going to assume he’s the guy trying to help catch the sex offender.
Elodie: Schrodinger’s Aaron.
Elodie: although I suppose that means he’s both the sex offender and not the sex offender.
Elodie: I really need to watch the episode and get this sorted out.
Tara: Please do.
(Approximately half an hour later.)
Elodie: Oh my God he’s the victim
Elodie: Now he’s dead
Elodie: I’ve made a huge mistake
Movies I’ve watched for the sheer pleasure of seeing a single actor with whom I was obsessed at the time:
- Mysterious Skin (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and damn if this wasn’t traumatizing)
- Howl (Aaron Tveit. He was in it for like a minute, but he and James Franco WERE SO CUTE TOGETHER)
- Grizzly Rage (Tyler Hoechlin. And we all know how this turned out)
- Brick (Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
- Hesher (JGL, again. It was, and still is, an extensive crush)
- Dread (Jackson Rathbone)
- How to Be a Serial Killer (Matthew Gray Gubler)